Search This Blog

Friday, November 4, 2011

Grading System Update


            I am sending home pieces of returned work for the months of October and November.  These are the pieces that your child has chosen not to put into their portfolio.  I will be sending these packets of papers home each month after we have done our portfolio work. 
Just a quick note on my grading marks.  Currently I use three letters to grade their work.
B = Beginning ( This means they are either in need of reteaching or additional work in class to further their learning.)
D = Developing (This signifies that they are understanding the information but that they still need some work on the basic concepts)
M = Mastered (If they have this letter they have shown that they are capable of understanding the concept and that they only need to review or practice a little to keep the concepts firm.)

Because of some confusion with these marks I will be changing them to the following letters.
R or Reteach for B’s
S or Satisfactory for D’s
M will still represent Mastered.

I am sorry for any confusion this lettering system has caused.  I tell the students all the time that mistakes are okay as long as we learn from them. I am doing my best to do just that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment